Jump directly to the content

‘Loving and bubbly’ schoolgirl, 15, found dead near derelict buildings two days after going missing from home

A "LOVING and bubbly" schoolgirl was found dead near an area of derelict buildings after she vanished from home, an inquest heard.

Seesha Dack, 15, was found dead after she disappeared near the Fish Quay in North Shields where she met her friends in September 2020.

Seesha's body was found near Tanners Bank two days after her disappearanceCredit: NNP
The 15-year-old vanished from Fish Quay in North Shields after meeting her friendsCredit: NNP
Authorities searched the area but it was the girl's friends who found her bodyCredit: PA

The teenager was not seen for two days and police launched a massive investigation to locate her, the hearing was told.

The inquest heard how the teen was tragically found by friends after two days near Tanners Bank, reports Chronicle Live.

Speaking at the hearing on Wednesday Senior Coroner Karen Dilks said the tragic teen had a history of mental health issues.

She said: "Seesha Dack was 15 years old with a history of dyslexia, moderate learning difficulties and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

"She had long-term involvement with children and adolescent mental health services. There is no recent history of threats to or attempted self harm."

"On August 30, in the area of the Fish Quay in North Tyneside, she, while under the influence of alcohol, ran away from her friends suddenly and unexpectedly.

"She died due to her own actions while suffering from ADHD and while under the influence of alcohol."

Seesha's heartbroken family released a statement at the time paying tribute to their "loving, funny, bubbly and humble girl".

They said: "We are beyond devastated by the loss of our daughter and sister Seesha.

"Seesha was a loving, funny, bubbly and humble girl with a smile that could light up any room.

"Her personality was precious and can never be replaced. She always went out of her way for other people, even going so far as to take food from home to give to a homeless man that she saw regularly.

"Even though it wasn't the news that we were hoping for, we would like to thank everyone from the community and beyond for all their help while we were looking for her."